Sunday, July 26, 2009

i love candy

the candy store (in san francisco, california)

shortly after my husband and i moved to la, a little shop popped up in my old
neighborhood, "the candy store."  for me, this was a very bittersweet discovery.  on the one hand, it probably saved me a few extra "hyde street hills" that i would've had to add to my morning workout, to offset the new calorie intake.  on the other hand, me love candy.  

growing up, candy land was my favorite game, halloween couldn't come fast enough and throughout college *"bin candy" was my treat of choice.  by my early twenties, i knew for me that candy in almost any shape, flavor or form was no "fair weather dessert".  and... i was correct.  

the good/bad news is now after moving back to san francisco, the candy store is just too close and the willpower is just too far away.  

without any further back story, 
i will introduce "my favorite friends/foes" :
sour stars, white and dark chocolate non perils and (black) licorice harlequins.  they can't be compared to each other.       
but, they each take the top, unrivaled ranking of their own categories.  the sour stars are colorful, chewy sensations, yet not pull-out-your-teeth-sticky.  the non perils are smooth, chocolaty gifts for your taste buds.  and, as for the licorice harlequins...they create addicts.  (i have been told by the owner that i am not alone in my black licorice addiction.)  

when i was in la, many knew that my heart was still in san francisco...but they may have not known that my sweet teeth were sort-of left here too :)

*bin candy- term used by everyone in college
 description: rows of bins filled with a variety of candy confections.  next to the bins is a stack of plastic bags for you to fill, exactly as you wish...using a tiny, silver shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment